May 17, 2011

ICOBTE 2011

This year the 11th International Conference on the Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements (ICOBTE) was held in Florence (Italy). This Conference is a continuation of the very successful ICOBTE series. As this was my first ICOBTE and first International conference I was very excited. I take there my poster: Tolerance and accumulation of thallium in three geographically distant populations of Biscutella laevigata L. subsp. laevigata Mant.

ICOBTE 2011 logo, Florence coat of arms, Hamburg coat of arms


Fortunately, five days before my girlfriend had a conference in Hamburg on microarray so I take vacation and spend three days with her in Hamburg before going with her in Florence where we spent some wonderful days.
Hamburg from our hotel room
Natalia Congress about microaray in Hamburg
Hamburg
Distroyed church in WWII in Hamburg. Now a monument.
Miniatur wunderland in Hamburg. The largest model railway in the world and one of the most successful permanent exhibitions in Northern Germany.
Unfortunatelly in Hamburg the weather was not the best one but in Florence was very hot. Moreover Florence is so full of tourist that I was sick about. Florence, the first italian capital and with 370,000 inhabitants, is also one so polluted city that this is something really disgusting! On the other hand, Hamburg, almost one milion and 800 thousands inhabitants, was very clean and with no evidence of pollution.

One of the first thing I made in Florence: drink a real italian coffe!!!
ICOBTE was held in Florence congress center. Here I am on the top of the palace.
My poster at ICOBTE in Florence
With prof. Henk Schat at ICOBTE in Florence
Prof. Henk Schat is lecturing at ICOBTE in Florence
Natalia and me in front of David and Palazzo Vecchio in Florence
Walking in Florence. Here on Ponte Vecchio
My colleague Ahmad from Iran and me in front of Duomo in Florence
Rest after a hard walking in Florence
Colleague of my mom in Florence
Still existing one star hotel in Florence!
The lovely Freccia Argento italian train (I love trains)

No comments:

Post a Comment